Hit the Road Jack!But before you go..."summerize" your car for a smooth trip!
The combination of summer heat, unexpected delays during road construction, towing a boat or camper, and long road trips can put a lot of added stress your vehicle.
Most people think of winterizing their vehicles when cold weather hits, but it's just as important to give your ride a thorough going-over at the beginning of the hot summer season, too.
Taking care of your car BEFORE your trip will help make sure your vacation memories are all sunshine and blue skies, not check-engine lights, and flat tires.
Here is a short checklist to help you prepare:
- Change your oil
- Flush and fill your cooling system (every other
- Fill your windshield wiper solvent
- Replace your wiper blades
- Check battery cables and connection for rust and
- Make sure that all four tires are aired up, with
plenty of tread left and that your spare is road-worthy
- Have your brakes checked by a professional
- Pack your roadside assistance card and the phone
number to contact them if the need arises
And as always be prepared for Emergencies with a map or atlas, first aid kit, spare tire, jumper cables, a flash light, flares, bottled water and snacks.
Have a safe and happy summer vacation!